Lilypie
Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

Trying to Push Through the Darkness

Not much has changed in the past month but I have decided to try my best to keep this updated and force myself to express where we are at in hopes of seeing the blessings that are coming out of our trials. This last month was a bad month work wise. Normally if we received as much as we have this entire month on one paycheck we would be stressing let alone it being for the whole month. Although we don't know what we are going to do we are forcing ourselves to continue moving forward with faith that all will be well. It is a hard thing to do. We have been so blessed through this with some really good friends and my family has been very encouraging and uplifting. Guess even when you are in the dark it doesn't mean you are alone and completely helpless. Our good friends, Zollingers, have been so incredibly helpful. Taking our kids out to get them a new outfit and buying us groceries is just touching a little of what they have done for us. My friend is quick to "put me in my place" so I don't stress my sweet hubby out even more with my frustrations. She even buys me shoes to help lift my spirits (: she has a shoe fetish :) The kids are healthy and well. Mikayla can't wait to start school and although she will be gone all day the only thing I am worried about is the schools ability to challenge her. Next year we are hopeful that she will get into a Charter school. Rylan will defiantly love the alone time with Mom. Hopefully I will be able to keep him entertained. School also starts up for Travis in a couple weeks. We are hoping it will be an easy semester so he doesn't fall behind and or stress. Other than some major challenges we are happy and well. I have to remember that. Even if the worst happens we will always have each other and that is all I want. Yeah, nobody wants the worst to happen but if it does we will get through it. This will make us stronger and better people as long as we endure it well.

3 comments:

Mom's Place said...

I love you Amy!!! We've been looking at things around here to see what we can find. I sent you a few things. The one for Abilene sounds awesome! I'll keep looking. It doesn't hurt to look, right?!

OH!!! Take and update his resume and send me a copy please!!!!!

Bree said...

You guys are awesome and always seem to pull out on top. I really hope he finds a better job soon. We will keep you in our prayers.

The Royal Buffington's said...

If I were there, I would get you shoes too! We love you!